Position Title: Training Program Manager
Location: 625 University Ave W, Saint Paul, MN 55104
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Closing Date: November 1, 2023
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Organizational Purpose & Structure
Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit organization that offers training, lending, and technical assistance to inner-city entrepreneurs in Saint Paul and Minneapolis. NDC’s mission is to improve neighborhood economies by developing the talents of micro-entrepreneurs within their own communities. NDC has trained more than 6,000 people to date (80% of whom are people of color.) We currently have nearly 650 alumni in business.
NDC places strong emphasis on accountability, adaptability, and commitment to working closely with clients to help overcome obstacles and barriers. NDC’s work relies upon collaboration and strong personal relationships. These values drive our policies, programs, and personnel.
NDC is a small, friendly, busy office with a fast-paced work environment. Employees must be innovative, possess creative problem-solving skills and be willing to tackle a wide variety of tasks. Successful employees will have a passion for social justice and an eagerness to engage in the communities where we work.
The Training Program Manager position is responsible for promoting, coordinating, and implementing various NDC micro entrepreneur training classes, workshops and webinars be it in-person and/or online for new and existing small businesses. This person is seen as a key access point for a variety of entrepreneurship resources throughout the Twin Cities and connector to other NDC program services.
Program Management and Administration
- Coordinate and manage entrepreneur training classes, workshops, and networking opportunities, working collaboratively with various departments to ensure alignment with the organizational mission and objectives.
- Continuously monitor and enhance the learning experience while utilizing diverse feedback methods to ensure participant satisfaction, engagement, and an exceptional training and learning environment.
- Analyze program data and use evaluation tools to assess progress towards goals, performance, and benchmarks, reporting findings to management and stakeholders.
- Assist with collecting, organizing, presenting, and compiling learner data and program documents for grants, reports, presentations, and analysis.
- Assist in developing new training courses, workshops, and events, and enhance program functionality and effectiveness by implementing innovative processes and procedures.
- Experience in non-profit, education, program training, small business management, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of experience in both supervisory and program management.
- Possessing excellent communication skills is essential, including written, verbal, presentation, and customer service, along with a coaching mindset to assist and support others.
- Ability to effectively work with adult learners from diverse cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Proven experience in successfully developing and executing training programs.
- Committed to ongoing learning and quality improvement in all training and development activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other program-related software.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM, Calendly, DocuSign, SurveyMonkey, Microsoft SharePoint, and MailChimp is a plus.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends and have reliable transportation.
- Desired language skills: fluency in speaking, reading, and writing Spanish.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to HR, 625 University Avenue. W., St. Paul, MN 55104. EOE/AA