Position Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location: 663 University Ave W, Suite 200, Saint Paul, MN 55104
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Closing Date: November 1, 2023
Job Type: Full time, M-F
Organizational Purpose & Structure
Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit organization that offers training, lending, and technical assistance to inner-city entrepreneurs in Saint Paul and Minneapolis. NDC’s mission is to improve neighborhood economies by developing the talents of micro-entrepreneurs within their own communities. NDC has trained more than 6,000 people to date (80% of whom are people of color.) We currently have nearly 650 alumni in business.
NDC places strong emphasis on accountability, adaptability, and commitment to working closely with clients to help overcome obstacles and barriers. NDC’s work relies upon collaboration and strong personal relationships. These values drive our policies, programs, and personnel.
NDC is a small, friendly, busy office with a fast-paced work environment. Employees must be innovative, possess creative problem-solving skills and be willing to tackle a wide variety of tasks. Successful employees will have a passion for social justice and an eagerness to engage in the communities where we work.
Working with the Chief Development & Communications Officer, create and lead an organizational marketing/communications strategy, and implement those strategies for both internal and external audiences.
- Lead the creation of branded collateral for all NDC programs, e.g., brochures, email blasts, etc., including all graphic design.
- Create branded collateral for donors and funders, e.g., annual reports, white papers, etc.
- Write profiles of staff and clients; longform writing
- Create storytelling opportunities to be shared in print, web, and social.
- Create photo and video content and/or oversee photo and video projects.
- Maintain NDC website and keep content relevant.
- Lead social media efforts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Draft press releases in coordination with external PR firm
- Track media about NDC and share with internal and external audiences as appropriate.
- Ensure branding standards across all collateral, including workshop presentations, info sessions, etc.
- Create event collateral, theme design, and visuals for any organizational events.
- Provide onsite support as needed.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience creating and implementing strategies.
- Ability to project manage with external consultants.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly driven environment.
- Passion for supporting BIPOC entrepreneurs.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to HR, 625 University Avenue. W., St. Paul, MN 55104. EOE/AA