Position Title: Grant Writer
Department: Friends of the Midtown Global Market
Reports to: FOGM Executive Director
Location: 920 E. Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Part-time Freelance Consultant
ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSE AND STRUCTURE
Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit, community development financial institution providing integrated business services so that entrepreneurs can start and grow businesses that enrich their economic and social fabric and revitalize neighborhood economies. NDC is a thriving organization with thirty-eight employees and an ever-expanding mission to provide more services in more neighborhoods.
The Midtown Global Market (MGM) is a year-round indoor public market, local small business incubator, “town square” for the Phillips and other South Minneapolis neighborhoods, and an award-winning destination for both local and national visitors. The Midtown Global Market is co-owned by two local nonprofits, the Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) and the Cultural Wellness Center (CWC), who work with the small, diverse business owners in the Market as they launch and grow their businesses.
Friends of the Global Market is a 501C3 with a mission to Support the Midtown Global Market as a vital community resource for small business, cultural diversity and free or low-cost programing in South Minneapolis.
The grant writer will collaborate with the market and development team to identify and research funding opportunities, respond to the grant writing production calendar, and develop and write grant proposals for submission to funding sources. The consultant will commit their best effort, experience, and resources to complete the projects with the highest level of professionalism. The person in this position would choose their own hours and schedule but need to attend occasional fund planning meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a clear communicator and can manage company-client communication channels.
- Has experience in the grant writing field (required), technical writing, or researching.
- Thinks fast and connects the dots quickly.
- Is willing to learn.
- Is open-minded and has experience with diverse communities.
- Is adaptive and resourceful.
- Research and identification of new local, federal, and state grants and funding prospects for public markets, arts and cultural programs and community building initiatives.
- Generating high-quality proposals, narratives, applications, and supporting documents in agreement with the provided guidelines
- Maintaining primary responsibility for grant schedules and tracking grants
- Communicating and cooperating with the grant team to meet the application deadlines and accuracy.
Qualifications and skills:
- 3 years of experience in writing high-quality grant applications
- Knowledge of sources of local, federal, and state grants and funding opportunities
- Experience in writing grant applications for innovative projects
- Ability to co-work and cooperate with the grant team and leadership.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to HR, 625 University Avenue. W., St. Paul, MN 55104. EOE/AA