Position Title: General Business Management Advisor
Department: Business Lab Team
Reports to: Director of Business Services
Location: 625 University Ave W, Saint Paul, MN 55104
Salary Range: $55,000 – $62,000
Closing Date: October 15, 2023
Job Type: Full time, M-F
Organizational Purpose & Structure
Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit organization that offers training, lending, and technical assistance to inner-city entrepreneurs in Saint Paul and Minneapolis. NDC’s mission is to improve neighborhood economies by developing the talents of micro-entrepreneurs within their own communities. NDC has trained more than 6,000 people to date (80% of whom are people of color.) We currently have nearly 650 alumni in business.
NDC places strong emphasis on accountability, adaptability, and commitment to working closely with clients to help them overcome obstacles and barriers. NDC’s work relies upon collaboration and strong personal relationships. These values drive our policies, programs, and personnel.
NDC’s Business Lab provides in-depth business services to NDC Alumni, Tenants, Loan Borrowers, and business owners that operate within NDC’s target neighborhoods. Business owners are considered clients, as a General Business Management Advisor this position will establish and build client relationships, report, and trust towards NDC’s scope of technical assistance services.
Nature and Scope of Position
Task 1: Direct Service to Clients
- Advise clients by identifying and communicating directly on realistic business strategies and appropriate marketing resources that improve their business operations and are cost effective.
- Working one on one with clients to achieve their business strategies and goals.
- Managing and supporting a pool of additional small business advisors, that includes entering contracts with scope of work, managing relationships, timelines, invoice reviews and contract completion.
- Plan and conduct cohort learning opportunities for clients on various business topics.
Task 2: Team Interaction
- Participate in team meetings as the NDC’s Business Lab team reviews all Business Service requests, approves who receives services, and selects the service providers to deliver agreed-upon services.
- Collaborate with team members on department workplan, goals and program development.
Task 3: Organization Wide Initiatives
- Participate in organizational strategic plan development.
- The staff member also represents the broader NDC organization in community.
- Support the Director of Business Services with department wide efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or project management.
- First-hand experience with small business management and operations.
- Experience working with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities.
- Previous experience with Twin Cities’ small business community.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and systems and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Leadership and people management skills
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to HR, 625 University Avenue. W., St. Paul, MN 55104. EOE/AA