Position Title: Assistant Property Manager – Midtown Global Market
Location: 920 E. Lake Street
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000
Job Type: Full-time, exempt.
ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSE AND STRUCTURE
Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit, community development financial institution providing integrated business services so that entrepreneurs can start and grow businesses that enrich their economic and social fabric and revitalize neighborhood economies. NDC is a thriving organization with thirty-eight employees and an ever-expanding mission to provide more services in more neighborhoods.
The Midtown Global Market (MGM) is a year-round indoor public market, local small business incubator, “town square” for the Phillips and other South Minneapolis neighborhoods, and an award-winning destination for both local and national visitors. The Midtown Global Market is co-owned by two local nonprofits, the Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) and the Cultural Wellness Center (CWC), who work with the small, diverse business owners in the Market as they launch and grow their businesses.
The MGM Assistant Property Manager ensures well-managed, maintained, and fully leased property. Provides outstanding service to all tenants and plays a key role in meeting or exceeding the annual budget. Work could include additional duties or projects as assigned by Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) leadership and MGM Management.
- Receive work order calls, log calls, create work orders, dispatch work orders to General Manager or Engineers as appropriate.
- Monitor the maintenance work order system and prepare monthly report to General Manager on status of all work orders.
- Participate in performance oversight of all vendors who perform contract services, including conducting routine inspections with cleaning contractors.
- Perform daily property inspections and report to the General Manager.
- Create and maintain building access cards and track all keys for the property.
- Assist General Manager in the preparation of the annual budget and management plan, traffic, and sales reports.
- Assist in coordinating tenant move-in and move-out procedures.
Office Management/Tenant Relations
- Operate management office service window Monday – Friday from 11am-2pm to take all tenant and vendor inquiries, payments, and other requests.
- Respond to tenant needs and coordinate with General Manager and other team members to resolve issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ability to remain calm and polite when assisting tenants with issues.
- Provide full administrative support, including phone support, reports, filing and distribution of correspondence. Coordinate office supply orders and office equipment service contract management.
- Maintain all property files in an orderly and logical manner, including leases and vendor contracts.
- Process property invoices and related documents including rent and tenant invoices for review and approval by General Manager.
- Create and maintain updated Tenant Handbook for distribution to new tenants.
- Assist with board meeting preparation and support
- High school diploma/GED equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years professional office and/or property management experience required.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment, bi-lingual a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines, work independently, and follow through on assignments with little direction.
- Meticulous, organized and ability to prioritize workload.
- Display good judgment when responding to tenant and vendor requests.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends and have reliable transportation.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to HR, 625 University Avenue. W., St. Paul, MN 55104. EOE/AA