Ever wonder, “how do I research an industry or understand the demographics of my business, or how do I use a database to identify my competition and prospects?” In these times, leveraging online resources from the public library is one of your best options. Come join us to get a clear understanding of the tools available in the St. Paul Public Library and Hennepin County Libraries to gain control of your research efforts and increase your success!
In this workshop, you will:
- Be provided with an overview of some of the most important research tools available: Mergent Intellect, Demographics Now, Gale Business Plan Builder, Business Source Premier, and Reference Solutions.
- You’ll walk away understanding what each is, where they fit in your business building effort, and your options to use these powerful resources.
Before our presentation, please obtain a library card from your local library. This will allow you to follow along or immediately access the resources we will demonstrate. Your library card will be based on the city or county where you live.
- Erin Cavell, Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central
- Xenia Hernandez, Saint Paul Public Library
- Andrea Herman, Saint Paul Public Library