- This event has passed.
Financial Freedom: 6-Session Training
July 19, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This 6-session Financial Literacy Training Program will teach you the steps you can take to improve your credit score, and manage your finances in a way that supports your life goals. Participants must commit to attending all 6 sessions. Also included is a Credit Report Score and one-on-one financial coaching. To register, please contact Emma Spillman at 651-379-8432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session 1: 6/7/2017 – 6-8pm
- Session 2: 6/14/2017 – 6-8pm
- Session 3: 6/21/2017 – 6-8pm
- Session 4: 6/28/2017 – 6-8pm
- Session 5: 7/12/2017 – 6-8pm
- Session 6: 7/19/2017 – 6-8pm
• The psychology and emotions of budgeting money
• Why we spend money we don’t have
• Reason versus emotion
• Frugal, but not cheap
Understand the Concept of Credit
• What is credit and what role does it play in our lives?
• What is a credit bureau?
• What is a credit score, and how do creditors decide who they give credit to?
• What makes up that credit score.
• What is the impact of credit cards?
• How does ID theft damage your credit?
• Case study
Review Pathway of Student Loans
• Cost of post-secondary education
• Ways to pay for school: student loan or other options
• Transition from school: deferments, repayments, consolidations, and rehabilitation
• Communication with servicers
• What resources that are used
• Student loan forgiveness/public service jobs
Budgeting to Create and Maintain Savings
• Provided training sessions on budgeting and saving for financial independence.
• Analyzing past spending patterns
• Assessing current saving opportunities
• How to use a spread sheet to develop and follow a budget
• Setting goals that align with values and personal financial plan.